Gahlord Dewald :: 12/04/23 :: Honolulu
Sound and the World comes out about once a month. It includes writing about place, community, and sound.
Sign up for Gahlord's Sound and the World
10 entryways into a world of sound:
- Across the Transom November 2023: includes Mike Watt, Backups, Aztecs, Strategic Culture.
- Video Premiere: Video from the new Jessica Ackerley/Kevin Cheli/Gahlord Dewald release Submerging Silently premieres on Foxy Digitalis.
- Bandcamp: Much of my recorded music is available to buy and hear.
- Shows Update: Latest Shows.
- kaleookauila: A site-specific radiophonic experimental music series in Hawai‘i.
- Playlist Update—Field: Updated this field-recordings-centric playlist to include a link to a recent essay by one of the playlist's featured artists, Nyokabi Kariũki.
- Discography: A playlist and recent updates to the discography.
- Timbre of Starlight: a project exploring the musical structure of astrochemistry.
- Coherent Light Enclosed Without: a double bass improvisation album recorded in a unique sonic environment, vinyl
- Ashuelot: Electronics and Double Bass, the result of a residency at 32M Center for Creative Work
If you really want to think about music with me each month, join the Sound & the World newsletter.
If you do RSS, this is available as a feed.